January 2, 2020 @ 7:00 am – 12:00 pm
Morgan County Tax Referendum Signing
This is an event to sign the Utah 2019 Tax Referendum petition! Please bring your Utah ID! You must be a registered voter.
Come talk to neighbors and locals. This is a grassroots effort of regular people to get the legislature to go back to the drawing board with the new tax law they passed in a special session, right before Christmas. It taxes food, fuel, and fun. The effects of these taxes are expected to compound and the legislature has said the *taxes will increase*.
“They need to throw the whole thing out and start over,” Fred Cox said. “There really isn’t much in here to keep. We’re raising the fuel costs for people driving around town. They’re walking into the store with less money. They’re walking out of the store with less food.”
- Some of the items you can expect to see new taxes on:
- At least ten cents/gallon gas
- Increased food taxes
- Netflix, digital books, all streaming services
- Postage and shipping
- Uber, Lyft, bus services
- Identity theft services (Lifelock etc)
- Security monitoring services (Vivint etc)
- Pet boarding, daycare and grooming
- Software subscriptions (Microsoft, Adobe etc)
- Sports lessons for you and your kids
- College sporting tickets and events
- Car washes
- Laundry services
- Newspaper subscriptions
- School textbooks
- Subscription video games or amusements
- Vending machine purchases
Come and add your signature to other Utahans today! The time to collect signatures is very short. Make your voice be heard and support your neighbors!